Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Been Awhile!

Almost 2 weeks since my last post! Where does the time go.

I've been trying to keep up with my studies, but still feel like I'm slacking a little.  I suppose no matter how hard I work I'll always feel like that since progress is not immediate, but I could still stand to kick it up a few notches.

Here's another face study I did a few hours here before I go to bed. I had planned on doing a second one here tonight, but I really got into this one and it was already 1 in the morning by the time I finished! 


Here's a personal peice I've been laboring over for awhile. I plan on having this totally done within the next 2 days so I can get back to working on my fake magic card illos which seem to be slightly more informative than working on random personal stuff like this.What I like more is having to solve more complex compositional problems and all the stuff that goes along with and comes out of that.  One thing I did get out of this piece is the importance of having a finished line drawing.  If I've figured anything out in the past few months it's that I am not very painterly, I have a very hard time working on a painting when I don't have a road map of whats going on, which is one reason it was taking me so long to get paintings done in the past. Whoops!





No comments:

Post a Comment