Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Todays Studies

Here's some stuff I did today. 

I should have kept going on the figure studies this morning but stopped too soon, they were starting to look better towards the end.

Just some random head studies. I need to paint more men, different age ranges and different ethnicity more. Too many artists out there only painting young girl/women faces, no need to clog up the intarwebs with more of the same.  I did these rather than a still life, but was super distracted by walking dead and hell on wheels. Tomorrow I need to crack down more!

The elf girl is a paint over I did to help out a fellow artist, so it's not really 100% my idea. But I included it because it's 100% no ref and I feel like it's my most structurally sound face yet. All that's left of his original painting is some of the clothing around the chest/shoulder pads.  I think I pretty much painted the face from scratch in around an hour/hour and a half which is super fast for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment