Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hunted


Some new personal work. Still trying to nail down fantasy costumes, interesting armor and humans faces.  Also tried working some foliage into this one, something I needed practice working with.   I designed the idea around a spot illustration surrounded by blank space on all sides.  I've had similar ideas to this one in the past but this is by far the best executed one to date. I was inspired by old spot illos I've seen in books from the mid to late 1800's that use a lot of leaves/flowers/plants to create interesting shapes.

The finished image.   








The original quick sketch I did when the idea popped into my head.

A slightly more cleaned up version, trying to fix placement and anatomy.

The final sketched I used before going to paint. 



No comments:

Post a Comment