Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Trevor Claxton Scifi Concept Challenge for Crimson Daggers

Over at the Crimson Daggers study group/stream, they ran a Sci-Fi character concept challenge, 6 - 7 days to concept out a  Sci-fi hunter and pet(s).

Boy did I battle with this one.  I used to draw sci-fi/ mech stuff  a looooong time ago when I was in college but sort of just stopped and moved more toward fantasy. Probably because scifi is hard to draw and I didn't want to struggle to make shit work.

But in keeping with the Deathline challenge that the Crimson Daggers are doing I decided to give it a go.  Taking into account all the studies I've been doing and anatomy stuff I felt a lot more confident.  After struggling to just draw some sci-fi concpts for 3 or so days I only had about 3 days left to get down on paper what I did. I'm going to keep working on it, some parts need to be pushed more. I only had time to throw a shit black and white wash behind the line to make some stuff pop, full b/w under painting with color to come shortly.

  Here is some of the ref and prelim sketches I did for the challenge and at the bottom the finished concept drawing I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment